The NSW Government has extended COVID restrictions which were initially going to end on July 9, 2021. The Merimbula RSL Club remains a COVIDSafe venue and is following the rules and regulations as set out by the government. These are:
– All front of house staff and visitors need to wear masks inside the club. As logic would suggest, you remove your masks when you are eating and drinking, then put them back on once you’re finished.
– You must remain seated while in the club, restrictions don’t allow for standing while socialising.
– Tuesday RSL Bingo, Tuesday night Poker, Thursday Marine Rescue Bingo, Thursday night Trivia and Sunday Legacy Bingo are on, as we have the space to meet the required one person per 4 square metre rule.
– Live entertainment is on Saturday nights. Members and guests must remain seated as restrictions do not allow dancing.
- Our Members Draws on Sunday and Wednesday nights are currently not running. We will let you know when they can start again.
– Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night raffles are currently not running.
– We must follow the one person per 4 square metre rule so you will notice signs on chairs and tables around the club that are unable to be used during restrictions.
Our number one priority during COVID has been on the health and wellbeing of our staff, members and guests, and we would like to thank you all for your continued co-operation and care to use our hand sanitiser stations and QR Code check-ins, and to stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
Q What hygiene and sanitisation measures do you have in place?
A We are strictly adhering to NSW Health COVID-19 guidelines and are following the advice of ClubsNSW, of which we are a member club. Our staff are cleaning and sanitising club surfaces regularly and we ask the following from our members and guests:
· Please sanitise your hands when you enter the club using our sanitisation stations.
What time is the club open?
- Sunday–Thursday: 10am–10.30pm
- Friday & Saturday: 10.00am-11pm
Q What sections of the club are open to members and guests?
A Most areas of the club are open including the Coral Sea Restaurant, gaming room, Scenic Lounge, outdoor area and Sports Bar. The Bottle Shop is also open.
Q What hours is the Coral Sea restaurant be open and what dinner sittings are you doing?
A From 12 noon to 2pm for lunch, and from 6pm-8.30pm for dinner. Our dinner sittings are:
- 6pm and 7.15pm
Q Do we need to make a booking for lunch or dinner?
A You do not need to make a booking for lunch. Bookings are essential for dinner, phone 6495 1502. Although we love hearing from our members and guests on social media, we are unable to take dinner bookings via social media messages.
- Only one person will be able to go to the dining room register to place the order for your table. No split bills.
- We have floor stickers and signage throughout the club at the bar and dining room register to help you maintain physical distances where appropriate. Staff will also help you.
See our Coral Sea Restaurant menus on our website
Q Will we be able to order and collect takeaway?
Yes, takeaway is available for lunch and dinner and you can either order in person while you’re in the club or in the evenings between 5.45pm-8pm you can also phone your orders through on 6497 4026. See our takeaway menu on our website.
Q How many people are allowed in the club at one time?
A Under the current NSW Government restrictions from June 26-July 9, 2021, we are allowed to have one person per 4 square metres in the club.
Q Can we enter the RSL Club via both entrances (ie Alice Street carpark entrance and Main Street entrance)?
A Yes! The underground carpark is also open.
Q Can I use my Members Card bonus points or gift vouchers in the club?
A Yes, we are accepting Members Card bonus points and gift vouchers.
Q Will the courtesy bus be running?
No, we are unable to run the courtesy bus at this time under the current restrictions.
Q Will child minding be available?
A No, we are unable to offer child minding under the current restrictions.
Q Can we gather in standing groups?
A Groups can meet in the club and are not required to maintain physical distancing rules within that group if they don’t want to. Groups will still need to be seated. People can go to the bar to buy drinks but then you need to take them back to your table to drink.
Q Will all your poker machines be on in the gaming room?
A Yes, all our poker machines are on.
We will update this page when there are changes so please check in regularly.